What's in my make up travel bag?

7 comments
Seeing as I'm going to a Walima (wedding reception) over the weekend, I thought I might as well use the opportunity to show you what I'll be taking with me in terms of makeup. I'll be wearing the abaya/jilbab that I wore for Eid last year (in this OOTD blog post) so my makeup will match the turquoise shade. Although the Walima is on Sunday, it's going to be in Manchester, so we're going up on Saturday and therefore won't have to rush on Sunday morning to get ready.

So without further ado, here is the contents of my makeup bag for the weekend:



Foundation: MAC Select SPF15 foundation (NW35), PHB Mineral Foundation (Warm Beige)
Concealer: Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection (Shade 4 Deep)
Blusher: Natural Collection Blushed Cheeks (Rosey Glow)
Lips: E.L.F Studio Lipstick (Ripe Rose), Carmex lip balm (not pictured)
Eyeshadow Primer: Kryolan Eyeshadow Base (thank you frootibeauty!)
Eyeshadow: Sleek Palettes - Storm and Curacao
Eyeliner: E.L.F Studio Gel Liner (Black), 17 Metallic Eye Pencil (Bronze)
Mascara: No7 Extreme Lengths Mascara (miniature)
Brows: Sleek Brow Kit (Dark)

Extra's: E.L.F Studio Makeup Mist and Set Spray
Brushes: E.L.F Studio 11 piece brush kit and Studio Kabuki, No7 eye shadow brushes (from a brush set), Artist brush (used with gel eyeliner)

I think that's all that I'll need! I'm still debating on whether I should wear false lashes or not, as I have only worn them (successfully!) once and don't want to be spending ages trying to put them on. I may take them just incase I do decide on wearing them and hope that I can apply them without any trouble.



If there are some decent pictures, I may do an outfit post (either the travelling outfit from Saturday or the Walima outfit from Sunday, or maybe both!)

Hope you all have a nice weekend!




x

7 comments:

  1. Hope you have fun at the wedding! Would love to see an outfit post :)
    I love Natural Collection blushes, they're so good for their price! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Neelam! Hopefully I'll get my sister to take some nice pictures for an outfit post. And definitely agree about the Natural Collection blushes, my first ever blusher was one, and now I rarely use any other brand. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sam! Was debating on whether I should take the Naked palette too, but I think I would then have too many eyeshadows to choose from! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you have all your options covered :)

    Is the Kyolan base any good? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! In terms of makeup it's better to take more (I think) just in case =)
      I liked the Kryolan base (did a whole afternoon of testing between this one and the ELF studio one that I normally use). Although I'm not sure if it's comparable to UDPP (need to invest in one to try out!) but it was pretty good and my eye makeup lasted from 11am to 10pm (including the 5 hour drive back!) if that helps =)

      Delete
  5. Good selection of things you have there :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Have to be prepared for everything! (even though I only used 3 eyeshadows, from the palettes) =)

      Delete

Feel free to comment =)