And this is the finished look!
I obviously didn't use green eyeshadow as I was wearing purple on the day, so instead opted for a more neutral but still a little dramatic look (for me anyway!). I didn't manage to put lashes on, and I think they would have completed the look and brought it all together. Bearing in mind that these pictures were taken at around 10pm, the makeup has stayed pretty much in place =)
Products that I used were:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer
Urban Decay Naked Palette - Sin (Highlight), Toasted (Middle), Darkhorse and Hustle (Outer corner and crease)
Sleek Au Natural Palette - Toast (Skin tone shade), Noir (Outer corner)
Illamasqua Brow Cake (Gaze)
Laura Gellar Inkpot Gel Liner (Black)
Avon Supershock Gel Liner Pencil (Black)
No7 Extreme Length Mascara
And here's what I used on the rest of my face:
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation (SB12)
Sleek Contour Kit (Medium)
NYX Powder Blusher (Desert Rose)
NYX Lip Liner (Coffee)
MAC Lipstick (Twig)
Myself and Naheeda (StreetPrincess) at the end of the masterclass =)
Some of the key tips that I picked up:
- Apply eyeshadow first so that any fall out can be wiped away (and not ruin your base makeup)
- Apply lighter coloured ones first and then darker colours.
- Use a light hand when applying darker shades, as it's easier to build the colour up, but not so easy to take it away.
- Blend, blend, blend! Use an eyeshadow that is the same shade as your skin to blend the edges of the eyeshadow between the brows and the eyelid. This creates a seamless finish with no harsh edges.
- Use a makeup wipe/cotton bud to clean up the edges of the eye makeup. No fiddling about with tape =)
- When contouring, use a darker shade to contour, a middle shade to blend upwards and then apply highlight. This gives a more natural finish and just looks a lot nicer =)
There were so many hints and tips given during the day, but I didn't manage to write them all down. I'm definitely looking forward to the next masterclass =)
(this is way more pictures of me on the blog than I thought I would ever have but oh well!) =D