February #frootimasterclass

2 comments
I had the opportunity to attend another one of Frootibeauty's masterclasses last weekend. This masterclass was quite different to the previous one and focused on this look from a recent blog post. I picked up a lot more tips and got to try a completely different eye makeup look to what I would normally go for at weddings and occasions. The use of a black base on the eye meant that the overall look was smoky and intense (compared to the smoky eye I did for the previous masterclass here). A big thank you to Safiyah for holding the masterclass (and for the goody bag at the end)! I loved it just as much as the last one and am looking forward to another one (although it won't be held for quite some time).

Here are a few pictures of the look that I created. Again the pictures were taken quite a few hours after he makeup had been applied, and I think it's stayed pretty much in place! Even though the Barry M pigment was a gold-ish colour, it somehow came out a bit more green when applied over the black pencil base (which wasn't what I was expecting, but kinda cool!). Also, the pigment sort of ended up all over the eyelid instead of just in the centre, which made it soften the look slightly.





Products I used were:
Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion (Original)
Avon Supershock Gel Liner Pencil (over the whole eyelid and on waterline)
Urban Decay Naked Palette: Sin (highlight), Naked and Buck (mixed together for skin tone shade), Dark Horse and Hustle (blend out the black base into the crease).
Barry M Pigment (44)
Motives Little Black Dress Gel Liner
Illamasqua Brow Cake (Gaze)
No7 Extreme Length Mascara

Rest of Face: (even though you can't see it)
Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation (SB12)
Sleek Contour Kit (Medium)
Illamasqua Cream Blusher (Betray)
NYX Lip Liner (Coffee)
MAC Lipstick (Twig)

I will definitely be using this technique for future occasions (any excuse to practise) =)
What do you think of this look?



x

2 comments:

  1. Love it. The colours suit you so much. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw this, love the post, thank you!

    You did a fab job at the masterclass I have to say, you didn't even need a lot of help which I'm proud of =D

    Hopefully I can do more in 2015 (iA), and with more different looks/techniques =) xx

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment =)